Friday, July 23, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

As I waddled up the hill to my doctor's office, and up 3 flights of stairs, all I could hope for was some good news that this baby was getting closer to delivery.

Well, I was in luck! The baby is at ZERO station.  Station is how high the baby's head is in your pelvis. In the third trimester they start measureing this on a scale of -3 (being high up) and +3 (crowning during birth). Anything in the positive numbers means that you are basically in labor...so being at Zero station is a very good sign that once he drops a little bit more, its game ON. She also told me that my cervix is nearly completely thinned out and I'm still at 2cm (which is normal to be right before labor). Here is a nice visual:



She said having the baby SO low is yet another reason for my pelvis being so sore. While she was doing the exam, I believe her exact words were, "Well no wonder your in so much pain!". lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment