Wednesday, November 16, 2011

12 weeks + Feeling Better!

I've been feeling SUBSTANTIALLY better. I can now eat a meal and not be bent over in stomach pain minutes later for hours on end.  The nausea has also decreased dramatically. I still get sudden bouts of it, but it only lasts a few minutes and sometimes doesn't even require a salty snack to make it through. This has all taken place over the last 4-5 days, so I hope it stays like this. My energy is coming back, slowly, but I'm still done for the night by 9:30 or 10:00 which is just about normal for me.

I'm refusing to weigh myself until my next doctor's appointment. I know that I was eating constantly to deal with the nausea, so if I wait a couple weeks it probably won't be as bad - since food consumption is back to normal now. I do feel however, the my little belly is starting to pop out. It's like all the "extra skin" aka fat that I hadn't lost yet from Presley has been shifted upwards and now my lower abdomen is more like a firm bulge.

I was inspired by a friend to get some new comfortable yet  fun/young work clothes and got a couple new cardigans, some fun printed leggings, and a winter jacket at Express. Now, I didn't get anything that I wouldn't be able to wear through a few more months of pregnancy (i.e. the cardigans can be worn not buttoned and the jacket is cute whether zipped or not) and I can more than likely wear them again after pregnancy.

We've also been doing lots of car research. We found out recently that my car, a 2002 Ford Escape, can not accommodate 3 car seats in the 2nd row. We have to find something that's either wide enough for 3, or has a 3rd row. The trouble is finding something this large that still gets decent gas mileage. The ones that DO get decent gas mileage (i.e. hybrids) are outrageously expensive, like around $40,000! I have been comtemplating some SUVs that get DECENT gas mileage like the Dodge Journey, Toyota Highlander, GMC Acadia, Ford Taurus X, Honda Pilot, and the Acura MDX. My car should be paid off in about 5 months, if not sooner, and since we have about 6 months until the baby is here...the timing couldn't be more perfect. Plenty of time to do research, and plenty of time to save up for a decent down payment (especially when we get our tax return!) If anyone has any suggestions please let me know! Our price range is up to $25,000, and I need a 3rd row - DVD player would be a nice bonus.

On another note, Chris bought his first Storage locker yesterday! You know the show Storage Wars? Well, we watch it all the time and we started doing some research to find some Auctions in our area. I think he did pretty well considering I wasn't there to be a voice of reason, and it was his first time bidding in a live Auction. He bought a 5x10 for $50 and actually got a decent haul of stuff! He sold a couch right off the bat for $15, plus there is a California King size mattress and a Full size mattress that has some type of pillow top air mechanism. There were also 7 boxes of decent clothes for men, women and children that can easily make us cash. He also put together a Christmas "Budweiser Sleigh" that we could sell for about $35. We're going to have a garage sale on Saturday to get rid of this stuff, so I'll let you know how much we actually make off of this unit. I'm predicting we will make our money back plus $100, at least. Not a huge profit, but a good start for the his first locker. 

Woot woot.

No comments:

Post a Comment