Thursday, November 3, 2011

Sometimes He Just Needs a Hug

My little guy is becoming quite the character. He's funny, and I'm pretty sure he knows he's funny, which makes him that more more funny to watch; but in the mornings, he can be a mess. Between 6:15 and 7:45 a.m. I'm getting ready for work, and helping my kids get ready for school/daycare. This morning Presley ate his morning snack as usual and watched Blue's Clues while I straightened my hair - the one thing I can't walk around and do - and as soon as the show was done he proceeded to throw the rest of his snack on the ground. After being released from the confinement of the highchair - it was time to make lunches for me and Trinity. Anytime we are in the Kitchen Presley likes to take everything out of the Tupperware drawer, and I mean EVERYTHING, and then leave it on the ground as booby traps for me and Trinity to slip on (like lids). As soon as he'd accomplished that, he just walked around crying, picking up things and throwing them, and trying to climb on furniture etc. I finished the lunches, and realised that this kid was not a happy camper right now. I picked him up and he immediately just gave me a big, long, hug. He put his head on my shoulder, and said "Mama". He stayed just like that for a good couple of minutes and then he was fine...Off to play and no more tears, except for Mommy's maybe...   

No comments:

Post a Comment