Friday, February 26, 2010

Week 17

Lots of changes have been going on lately. Not only do I feel like my belly has "popped" out to say "Hello", but I can FEEL baby kicking/moving much more often. I can't feel it everyday, but usually in the mornings I can feel a few good movements....which is amazing considering baby only weighs just less than 5 oz. and is a little over 5" long.

I've been doing lots of online shopping/browsing. Of course I haven't bought anything yet though! I know it's early, and we don't know the gender, but gosh things have changed in the last 3.5 years since I last looked at baby things. Check out this ultra plush diaper disposal contraption: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2919753. Not only does it hold like 40 diapers, but there is no twisting involved! You just use your foot! That totally beats the mess of Diaper Genie's method which invovles squishing the diaper in a compact department and twisting it (sometimes causing the diaper to explode) into the large compartment that the diapers go into.

Also, look at this. It will be awhile before we actually need one, but this device makes homemade baby food seem effortless. http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/beaba-babycook-baby-food-maker/. This ONE machine can steam food in minutes, blend food, AND defrost frozen food. It comes with niftly little trays for the freezer too. It even has it's own Cookbook! Of course Williams-Sonama would come up with this, they are genius (yet expensive)!

And one last thing. The Nap Nanny. How comfortable does this look? Too bad these things cost over $100!!



I'm taking up the goal to actually MAKE something for the new baby (and Trinity too while I am at it). I am going to use use the amazing sewing machine that was graciously given to me as a Christmas present, and make my mother-in-law proud! lol. Here are my goals (or at least something similar):

First, for Trinity, an adorable tutu. I have read that these can actually be made with out any sewing (which I might try first) but I know Trinity would love it either way.


Next, a baby blanket, gender specific of course, but something along these lines:

Needless to say, I am getting anxious! I'm going to attempt the tutu this weekend, so wish me luck. I'll post a picture (maybe) if it looks any good, lol.

18 days until we find out the gender.

No comments:

Post a Comment