Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Week 36 - The final Stretch....literally!

I made it 9 months! For anyone who didn't know...pregnancy actually lasts up to 10 months. I could go into labor anyday now, but its most likely to happen around my due date.

I've been noticing a few new sensations lately: The baby is crushing my bladder more than ever, and my belly button is becoming increasingly tender/sore. I don't think the baby has "dropped" but he's on his way down, that's for sure. I can feel his head moving around pretty close to my pubic bone! I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday I think (or it's on Friday) and I'll get my Group B Step tested. She'll also evaluate if the baby is decending at all, what station he's in, and what position he's in. I haven't weighed my self in like two weeks...since my last doctor's appointment...for fear of what I might see, lol. I'm now starting to feel really LARGE but I only have four weeks left, so I'm trying to not worry about it. Another symptom that's really showing itself now is water rentention. I can't bend my legs all the way because they are swollen most of the time, and my feet JUST barely fit in my work shoes. By the end of the day, I have to use lotion to get my wedding ring off...But, if I were to go into labor tomorrow, the baby would be completely developed and able to survive just fine. The baby is just putting on weight at this point..approximately a 1/2 lb a week.

On a brighter note...I've officially reached the ICE stage. Any and everything cold and crunchy, especially ice, is the most appealing snack on the face of this Earth.

I've been trying to spend a lot of one on one time with Trinity and we talk about the new baby a lot. Explaining breastfeeding has been a little awkward, lol, but she is most curious about how the baby is going to come out...which is even more awkward trying to explain.

Here I am, just a couple of days ago...my 9 months pregnant shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment